Red Wine Fudge Making Video
How to Make Fudge with Wine
We were thinking about going on a diet this month, but then we got to thinking about chocolate…and wine…together. That was just so much more fun!
So, we’re putting the skinny jeans off for another couple of weeks while we indulge in this glorious red wine fudge. It’s made with our sweet Mountain Goat Red wine. That’s pretty much adult grape juice. If you prefer to infuse your fudge with something a bit less sweet, you could try using Split Rail Red wine instead.
With just a few minutes and a microwave you can whip together this easy fudge recipe. It turns out a soft, silky chocolate that’s kissed with a touch of wine flavor. We based it off of the original fantasy fudge recipe that used to be printed on the back of marshmallow crème containers.
If you can’t get enough of the chocolate-wine combo (and really when can you ever get enough of that?) you might like some of our other chocolate and wine pairings.
If you have any favorite desserts that you would like to see infused with wine, let us know in the comment section.
Red Wine Fudge Recipe
3 cups white sugar
3/4 cup butter, melted
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1/3 cup Mountain Goat Red Wine
12 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips (we used Ghirardelli 60%)
1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow crème
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Caution: Mixture will become very hot. Prepare carefully.
1. Spray a 9×13 pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In large microwave safe bowl, stir together sugar, melted butter, evaporated milk, and wine. Microwave on high for three minutes.
3. Stir. Microwave on high for two more minutes or until mixture boils.
4. Stir. Microwave on high for five and a half minutes.
5. Remove from microwave. Stir in chocolate chips until melted. Stir in marshmallow crème and vanilla extract.
6. Pour into prepared baking pan to set. Wait at least 6 hours before cutting.